BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Frank J. Barrucco will spend the next 8 years in prison and will never have a driver's license again.
The 28-year-old Mansfield Lane resident pled guilty to DUI Manslaughter and Possession of Cocaine. He killed Boynton Beach resident Steven Fischer on March 18th, 2011 — prior to BocaNewsNow.com's existence.
Here's how the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says it happened:
Barrucco was travelling south bound on Beracasa Way, approaching the intersection of Palmetto Park Road. Fischer was travelling west bound in lane two of Palmetto Park Road, approaching the intersection of Beracasa Way. As Barrucco entered the intersection, it pulled into Fischer's lane of travel. In an attempt to avoid a collision, Fischer applied the brakes and swerved, but was struck on the right side by the front of Barrucco's vehicle. As the collision ensued, Fischer was ejected from his vehicle, and came to rest a short distance away from the point of impact. Just prior to impact, Barrucco came to final rest on the center median of Palmetto Park Road, facing west.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation