BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Frank J. Barrucco will spend the next 8 years in prison and will never have a driver's license again.
The 28-year-old Mansfield Lane resident pled guilty to DUI Manslaughter and Possession of Cocaine. He killed Boynton Beach resident Steven Fischer on March 18th, 2011 — prior to BocaNewsNow.com's existence.
Here's how the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says it happened:
Barrucco was travelling south bound on Beracasa Way, approaching the intersection of Palmetto Park Road. Fischer was travelling west bound in lane two of Palmetto Park Road, approaching the intersection of Beracasa Way. As Barrucco entered the intersection, it pulled into Fischer's lane of travel. In an attempt to avoid a collision, Fischer applied the brakes and swerved, but was struck on the right side by the front of Barrucco's vehicle. As the collision ensued, Fischer was ejected from his vehicle, and came to rest a short distance away from the point of impact. Just prior to impact, Barrucco came to final rest on the center median of Palmetto Park Road, facing west.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI