BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Frank J. Barrucco will spend the next 8 years in prison and will never have a driver's license again.
The 28-year-old Mansfield Lane resident pled guilty to DUI Manslaughter and Possession of Cocaine. He killed Boynton Beach resident Steven Fischer on March 18th, 2011 — prior to BocaNewsNow.com's existence.
Here's how the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says it happened:
Barrucco was travelling south bound on Beracasa Way, approaching the intersection of Palmetto Park Road. Fischer was travelling west bound in lane two of Palmetto Park Road, approaching the intersection of Beracasa Way. As Barrucco entered the intersection, it pulled into Fischer's lane of travel. In an attempt to avoid a collision, Fischer applied the brakes and swerved, but was struck on the right side by the front of Barrucco's vehicle. As the collision ensued, Fischer was ejected from his vehicle, and came to rest a short distance away from the point of impact. Just prior to impact, Barrucco came to final rest on the center median of Palmetto Park Road, facing west.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals