BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Frank J. Barrucco will spend the next 8 years in prison and will never have a driver's license again.
The 28-year-old Mansfield Lane resident pled guilty to DUI Manslaughter and Possession of Cocaine. He killed Boynton Beach resident Steven Fischer on March 18th, 2011 — prior to BocaNewsNow.com's existence.
Here's how the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says it happened:
Barrucco was travelling south bound on Beracasa Way, approaching the intersection of Palmetto Park Road. Fischer was travelling west bound in lane two of Palmetto Park Road, approaching the intersection of Beracasa Way. As Barrucco entered the intersection, it pulled into Fischer's lane of travel. In an attempt to avoid a collision, Fischer applied the brakes and swerved, but was struck on the right side by the front of Barrucco's vehicle. As the collision ensued, Fischer was ejected from his vehicle, and came to rest a short distance away from the point of impact. Just prior to impact, Barrucco came to final rest on the center median of Palmetto Park Road, facing west.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MISSING WOMAN FOUND DEAD, VANISHED FROM FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT
- Boynton Beach Bicyclist Turns In Front Of Car, Is Killed
- West Boca Raton Man Tries To Flee Police With Arrest Warrant, Fails
- Palm Beach County Resident Donald Trump Indicted On Federal Charge
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Waves Being Monitored, Two With Convection
- NOW! Send One Of Palm Beach County’s Best Kindergarten Teachers On A Cruise
- Century Village Boca Raton Forecloses Over $3K, One Third Owed To Attorney
- WOMAN VANISHES FROM FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton