BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident and former area teacher Stevie Glasspool, 31, has been charged by the Broward Sheriff's Office with “soliciting a child for unlawful sexual conduct using a computer” and is being held in the Broward County jail in lieu of $25,000 bond.
Glasspool lives in the 9200 block of SW 8th Street in Boca.
According to BSO:
A high school teacher was arrested Thursday after having used technology to solicit sex from multiple students.Stevie Glasspool, 31, abused her position as a teacher when she used Facebook to solicit sex from at least four victims at Mavericks Charter High School in Pompano Beach. Glasspool’s victims range in age from 15 to 17. She invited the young students to sleepover at her home in Boca Raton and offered them marijuana as an added incentive. The teacher’s messages were overt in nature. She wrote “I don’t want you to fall in love with me but I also don’t want you to hit it and quit it either”.Glasspool was arrested August 22, by the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office on a Broward Sheriff’s Office warrant. She was charged with soliciting a child for unlawful sexual conduct using computer services or devices and is being held on $25,000 bond. Glasspool was a teacher at Mavericks Charter High School but was fired from the position in May 2013. She was most recently employed at Hollywood Academy of Arts & Science where she worked for the first four days of the new school year.Detectives believe there could be more victims. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact BSO Detective Ann Suter at 954-321-4689 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) orwww.browardcrimestoppers.org.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues