BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Detectives are actively seeking information on two robberies that took place over the Labor Day weekend.
From Boca PD:
The first robbery happened Saturday, August 31 in the area of 1000 NE Spanish River Boulevard.
Three teenage victims told Boca Raton Police officers that they were robbed of their cell phones as they were walking east over the Spanish River Blvd. bridge at about 4:30 p.m. The victims said they were approached from behind by a male who identified himself as an “undercover cop.” After being told to empty their pockets, the victims put their cash, keys and cell phones on the sidewalk. The suspect then told the victims to walk a short distance away and sit down. One victim asked the suspect to show them a badge or identification. The suspect said he was going to meet a deputy and walked away. A few minutes later, when the suspect did not return, the victims went back to where they left their belongings, picked up their money and keys, but the cell phones were gone. The victims walked back home before calling police.
The suspect is described as a white male, in his late 30’s, 5’8” to 5’10” tall, stocky, muscular build, with short brown hair, blue eyes, clean shaven and tattoos on his arms. The suspect was wearing a grey hoodie and blue jeans.
The second robbery was reported on Sunday, September 1 at about 5:30 p.m.at the 7-Eleven, located at 1300 NW 2nd Avenue. The victim said while parked and looking for his wallet, a black male approached the passenger side of his Jeep, pointed a handgun at his head and demanded his wallet. The victim said that after he handed over his wallet, the suspect removed the cash, dropped the wallet, and ran.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 5’9” tall, medium build, dark complexion, wearing a red baseball hat and gloves, carrying a silver hand gun.
If anyone has information about these crimes, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Clare at (561) 338-1246 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton