BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting the specifics but have learned that West Boca Raton resident Dallas Downs, 20, of Coral Place, has been jailed on an animal cruelty charge.
Downs, who is no stranger to the Palm Beach County Jail, was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office just after midnight Friday. He remained in jail late Friday afternoon on $3,000 bond.
The specific charge: “828.12-3009 CONSERVATION-ANIMALS – CAUSE CRUEL DEATH PAIN AND SUFFERING.”
Check back on BocaNewsNow.com throughout the evening — we will update with what Downs is specifically accused of doing — and to what — just as soon as we receive the information in our newsroom.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct