BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting the specifics but have learned that West Boca Raton resident Dallas Downs, 20, of Coral Place, has been jailed on an animal cruelty charge.
Downs, who is no stranger to the Palm Beach County Jail, was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office just after midnight Friday. He remained in jail late Friday afternoon on $3,000 bond.
The specific charge: “828.12-3009 CONSERVATION-ANIMALS – CAUSE CRUEL DEATH PAIN AND SUFFERING.”
Check back on BocaNewsNow.com throughout the evening — we will update with what Downs is specifically accused of doing — and to what — just as soon as we receive the information in our newsroom.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire