BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting the specifics but have learned that West Boca Raton resident Dallas Downs, 20, of Coral Place, has been jailed on an animal cruelty charge.
Downs, who is no stranger to the Palm Beach County Jail, was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office just after midnight Friday. He remained in jail late Friday afternoon on $3,000 bond.
The specific charge: “828.12-3009 CONSERVATION-ANIMALS – CAUSE CRUEL DEATH PAIN AND SUFFERING.”
Check back on BocaNewsNow.com throughout the evening — we will update with what Downs is specifically accused of doing — and to what — just as soon as we receive the information in our newsroom.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida