BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An off-duty Department of Homeland Security officer opened fire on a motorist in the parking lot of Boca Raton’s Town Center mall — apparently following a “road rage” incident near by.
No one was injured.
According to Boca Raton PD:
Detectives from the Boca Raton Police Services Department are investigating a case of road rage. At approximately 1:30 pm on Saturday September 7th, an off duty Department of Homeland Security agent was driving east on Glades Road in the 6000 block with his wife and 3 children in the car. The off duty agent said he was cut off by a red car.
The driver of the red car drove into the Nordstrom’s parking lot where he parked in front of the store in order to pick up another passenger. The off duty agent parked in front of the red car and exited his vehicle with his wife. When the off duty agent approached the red car, the driver drove off, possibly hitting the off duty agent and/or the agent’s wife. The off duty agent fired one shot at the car, striking the rear quarter panel. The driver of the red car drove home to Pompano and called his wife, who then called 911. A short time later, the driver of the red car came back to the scene and is cooperating with detectives.
This investigation is very preliminary. The names of the parties involved will be released after statements and other evidence are collected. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Detective Ron Mello at 561-620-6286.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot