BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police have charged a federal agent with aggravated assault with a firearm after the agent opened fire in the parking lot of Boca Raton's Town Center Mall as part of a bizarre road rage incident.
The arrest follows the September 7th shooting in which Angel Echevarria — an agent with the Federal Protective Service and assigned to the US Marshal's Service — allegedly turned what Boca police call a “traffic infraction” into a federal case.
Echevarria was off duty, in plain clothes and driving his personal vehicle when — the police report suggests — he was cut off on Glades Road near the mall. He apparently interpreted the cut-off as a an attack on a federal agent and responded with force.
While Echevarria turned himself into the Palm Beach County Jail, it appears the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is witholding his mug shot and arrest record from public view.
We are posting the entire affidavit of probable cause that that was filed by Boca Raton Police, leading to Echevarria's arrest.
You may read the affidavit here.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton