BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police have charged a federal agent with aggravated assault with a firearm after the agent opened fire in the parking lot of Boca Raton's Town Center Mall as part of a bizarre road rage incident.
The arrest follows the September 7th shooting in which Angel Echevarria — an agent with the Federal Protective Service and assigned to the US Marshal's Service — allegedly turned what Boca police call a “traffic infraction” into a federal case.
Echevarria was off duty, in plain clothes and driving his personal vehicle when — the police report suggests — he was cut off on Glades Road near the mall. He apparently interpreted the cut-off as a an attack on a federal agent and responded with force.
While Echevarria turned himself into the Palm Beach County Jail, it appears the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is witholding his mug shot and arrest record from public view.
We are posting the entire affidavit of probable cause that that was filed by Boca Raton Police, leading to Echevarria's arrest.
You may read the affidavit here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette