BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The highly anticipated and arguably needed texting ban for Florida drivers takes effect October 1st. AT&T is welcoming the law with a major event at West Boca Raton High School.
According to AT&T:
The lives that are changed and lost caused by someone making a dangerous and destructive choice should be enough to put the phone down but as ofOctober 1, 2013, there is a law to prevent texting while driving. To educate students about the law and to discuss the newly formed road safety scholarship contest, the Dori Slosberg Highway Safety Foundation in partnership with the School District of Palm Beach County and our road safety partners are holding a road safety assembly and press conference.
Event: Road Safety Assembly & Scholarship Fund Contest
Date: October 1, 2013
Time: 9:30 am
Location: West Boca Raton High School
The following are invited speakers:
Representative Irv Slosberg, Senator Joseph Abbruzzo Eric Stern, the School District of Palm Beach County, Anne Gannon, Tax Collector, Brian LaBovick, the LaBovick Law Firm, Sgt. Mark Wysocky, the Florida Highway Patrol, and David Summers, St. Mary’s Medical Center Trauma Unit.
Texting Simulator Presentation by Vic Beninate, AT&T
“Texting while driving is a deadly habit that makes you 23 times more likely to be involved in a crash,” said AT&T Florida President Marshall Criser, III. “Awareness of the dangers of texting and
driving has increased, but people are still doing it. Through participation in events like this one being held by the Dori Slosberg Foundation, we hope to change behavior. Together, we can save lives.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint