BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was driving on I-95 when a woman inexplicably walked in front her vehicle. She was struck and killed.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating why the passenger of a vehicle that was pulled over on the side of the road Friday just north of Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport walked onto the roadway and into the path of oncoming traffic.
The woman, identified as 32-year-old Kristina Trudell was transported by Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue to Broward Health Medical Center where she was pronounced dead at 11:44 p.m.
BSO deputies were dispatched to the 3200 block of South Federal Highway around 11:18 p.m. Oct. 4. Trudell was a passenger in a Hyundai that had pulled onto the shoulder of the northbound lanes at the above location. For reasons yet unknown, she walked into the path of oncoming northbound traffic and was struck by the vehicle driven by Laura Thorn, 28. Thorn remained on the scene.
BSO traffic homicide detectives are investigating.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact BSO THI Detective Michael Kelliher at 954-321-4845.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Rina And Philippe Remain East Of Florida, New Wave May Form
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100
- Major Broward County Crash Backing Up I-95 Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Kings Point Delray Beach Sued After Shooting