BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was driving on I-95 when a woman inexplicably walked in front her vehicle. She was struck and killed.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating why the passenger of a vehicle that was pulled over on the side of the road Friday just north of Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport walked onto the roadway and into the path of oncoming traffic.
The woman, identified as 32-year-old Kristina Trudell was transported by Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue to Broward Health Medical Center where she was pronounced dead at 11:44 p.m.
BSO deputies were dispatched to the 3200 block of South Federal Highway around 11:18 p.m. Oct. 4. Trudell was a passenger in a Hyundai that had pulled onto the shoulder of the northbound lanes at the above location. For reasons yet unknown, she walked into the path of oncoming northbound traffic and was struck by the vehicle driven by Laura Thorn, 28. Thorn remained on the scene.
BSO traffic homicide detectives are investigating.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact BSO THI Detective Michael Kelliher at 954-321-4845.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form