BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was driving on I-95 when a woman inexplicably walked in front her vehicle. She was struck and killed.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating why the passenger of a vehicle that was pulled over on the side of the road Friday just north of Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport walked onto the roadway and into the path of oncoming traffic.
The woman, identified as 32-year-old Kristina Trudell was transported by Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue to Broward Health Medical Center where she was pronounced dead at 11:44 p.m.
BSO deputies were dispatched to the 3200 block of South Federal Highway around 11:18 p.m. Oct. 4. Trudell was a passenger in a Hyundai that had pulled onto the shoulder of the northbound lanes at the above location. For reasons yet unknown, she walked into the path of oncoming northbound traffic and was struck by the vehicle driven by Laura Thorn, 28. Thorn remained on the scene.
BSO traffic homicide detectives are investigating.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact BSO THI Detective Michael Kelliher at 954-321-4845.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny