DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A few not so intelligent thieves are behind bars after their attempt to drill through a wall and into a liquor store was witnessed by police.
From the Broward Sheriff's Office:
There was nothing mysterious about the way a pair of burglars planned to get their hands on merchandise from Mystical Spirits Wine & Liquor in Deerfield Beach. The not-so-subtle thieves were in the process of cutting a hole into the wall of the business when they got caught.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Deerfield Beach Crime Suppression Team was conducting a surveillance operation at the plaza located at 2531 W. Sample Road. Shortly after midnight on October 7, detectives saw the burglars, dressed all in black, break the glass of the vacant Quizno’s next to the liquor store. With the assistance of the Pompano Beach Crime Suppression Team and the BSO SWAT team, the business was surrounded. As SWAT team members entered through the shattered storefront, the crooks tried to run out through the back door, but were greeted by BSO personnel.
Luis Taveras, 23, and Yeimy Araujo, 22, were nabbed with ski masks over their heads and cutting tools in hand.
They face charges of burglary to a business and possession of burglary tools. Araujo also admitted to taking part in an early August burglary to a Metro PCS store in Pompano Beach and was add-charged with burglary and grand theft.
The case is ongoing as detectives investigate at least a dozen cases with similar m.o.s in Palm Beach and Broward.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi