DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A few not so intelligent thieves are behind bars after their attempt to drill through a wall and into a liquor store was witnessed by police.
From the Broward Sheriff's Office:
There was nothing mysterious about the way a pair of burglars planned to get their hands on merchandise from Mystical Spirits Wine & Liquor in Deerfield Beach. The not-so-subtle thieves were in the process of cutting a hole into the wall of the business when they got caught.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Deerfield Beach Crime Suppression Team was conducting a surveillance operation at the plaza located at 2531 W. Sample Road. Shortly after midnight on October 7, detectives saw the burglars, dressed all in black, break the glass of the vacant Quizno’s next to the liquor store. With the assistance of the Pompano Beach Crime Suppression Team and the BSO SWAT team, the business was surrounded. As SWAT team members entered through the shattered storefront, the crooks tried to run out through the back door, but were greeted by BSO personnel.
Luis Taveras, 23, and Yeimy Araujo, 22, were nabbed with ski masks over their heads and cutting tools in hand.
They face charges of burglary to a business and possession of burglary tools. Araujo also admitted to taking part in an early August burglary to a Metro PCS store in Pompano Beach and was add-charged with burglary and grand theft.
The case is ongoing as detectives investigate at least a dozen cases with similar m.o.s in Palm Beach and Broward.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks