BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Brooke Mahoney, 33, of Carousel Circle in Boca Raton is facing four charges related to an alleged hit and run accident, according to Boynton Beach Police.
From the Boynton Beach Police officer who took her into custody:
“I responded to 322 SW 10th Avenue in reference to a hit and run vehicle accident. Upon arrival, ultiple parties on the scene were pointing to a white in color vehicle in the roadway of 300 SW 10th Avenue. Upon approach, I observed a white female, later identified as Brooke Mahoney, sitting in the driver seat of the 2001 white in color Toyota Solara parked at that location. The Toyota appeared to be disabled due to extensive damage to its front and passenger side along with a flat tire and bent rim frame. Making contact with Brooke she was the sole adult occupant of the car. Brooke post Miranda Warnings advised that she knew nothing of an accident and all damage to her vehicle was old damage and that she was “just hanging out.” When I asked Brooke where she was she advised that she was currently “at a friend’s house” in Boca Raton. Brooke could not provide me with any persons in the City of Boynton Beach, where we were, that she knew or a logical reason for her vehicle to be disabled in the roadway.”
Mahoney was charged with three counts of Hit and Run, and one count of Reckless Driving.
Mahoney remains in the Palm Beach County Jail pending her first appearance in court this morning when bond will be determined.
She was booked into the jail at 1:30 Tuesday morning.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges