BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An overnight shooting near FAU’s Boca Raton campus left one man injured as a drug deal apparently went bad.
From Boca PD:
Boca Raton, FL – On Friday, October 18, at 10:35 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to report of a shooting that occurred in the 1800 block of NW 15th Vista.
The 22 year old victim was shot once then ran to a nearby bar where police were called. The victim, Toney Moore Jr., was transported to Delray Medical Center where he was treated for his injuries.
Officers spoke with a friend of Moore’s who was with him when he got shot. The friend told officers that they had talked earlier about buying marijuana and Moore had directed him to a parking lot. They parked the car and a male approached them and an altercation ensued. Moore was shot and ran for help.
Detectives are interviewing witnesses and the victim in an effort to identify the suspect. The investigation is on-going. If anyone has information has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Ron Mello at (561) 620-6186 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS..
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks