UPDATE: 3:07p MONDAY – Names have been released. Click here for information.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Sunday night violence on A1A in Boca Raton left a man and woman dead — one the apparent victim of a domestic attack, the other killed by police.
Boca Raton Police tell BocaNewsNow.com that officers were called to the area of Palmetto Park Road and A1A arond 6:05 tonight for a report of shots fired. Arriving officers immediately encountered an armed male. They fired several shots at the man, killing him.
Police then found the body of a deceased female nearby.
Names of the victims are not being released at this time.
Now a two-part investigation, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the police-involved shooting — standard practice in Palm Beach County — while Boca detectives will investigate the woman’s murder.
Boca Police Spokeswoman Officer Sandra Boonenberg said it appears to be a domestic situation and not random violence.
The shooting comes just days after the State Attorney’s Office closed its investigation in the Boca Raton’s most recent police involved shooting, clearing Officer Brian Pare in the death of FAU student Adam Donohue.
**Again, names were released at 3:07p Monday. Click here for the update.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children