BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Brenda Bleu Haggerty, 50, of NW 13th Court is in the Palm Beach County Jail today after allegedly assaulting a rescue worker. We are awaiting the arrest report with details from Palm Beach County officials, but can report that Haggerty is charged with 7 counts of battery on an “officer, firefighter or EMT” and two counts of simple assault on an “officer, firefighter or EMT.”
We’ve learned after reviewing her arrest report that Haggerty allegedly assaulted several people on a PalmTrans bus, including the bus driver, an ambulance medic, and a police officer.
Haggerty was taken into custody late last night. She is being held on $18,000 bond for the battery charges. No bond was set for the simple assault charges.
Check back later today for an update of this story.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected