DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The charges are vehicular homicide and manslaughter by culpable negligence against 21-year-old Amir Talebzedah. The Delray Beach man is accused of causing the accident that killed 57-year-old Fran Abel as she left Mizner Preserve on July 1st.
As we reported at the time, Abel pulled out of the community and was struck by Talebzedah speeding north on Jog Road. A third car was also involved.
The horrific accident scene shut down Jog Road for several hours as the investigation was launched.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office obtained a warrant for Talebzedah’s arrest earlier this week. He turned himself into the Palm Beach County Jail where he is being held without bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS