BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major investigation is underway in Boca Raton following a bank robbery late Thursday at the TD Bank at 2301 North Federal Highway.
Details of the robbery were released Friday.
From Boca Raton Police:
Arriving officers met with the tellers who told them that a Hispanic male entered the bank and approached the teller. The suspect handed the teller a note, which indicated he had a weapon, and demanded cash. The teller gave the suspect an undetermined amount of cash, which the suspect put into a black carrier, possibly an accordion type file case. The suspect then left the bank and walked south through the parking lot. No one was injured and the suspect never displayed a weapon.
The suspect is described as in his mid to late 30’s, approximately 5’4” tall, weighing 150 pounds, with brown eyes and a clean shaven face. The suspect was wearing a long sleeve black shirt with a short sleeve grey shirt over it, brown pants, a beige baseball cap with red on the bill and “FL” printed in red on the front. According to a Spanish speaking teller, the suspect spoke English with no accent, but also spoke Spanish with a Puerto Rican accent.
The suspect may have also committed a robbery at a Chase Bank in Cocoa on Wednesday, December 4.
If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Ron Mello at (561) 620-6186, Boca Raton Police dispatch at (561) 368-6201 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Hispanic male, 5’4” tall, 150 pounds
Mid to late 30’s, brown eyes
Clean shaven, wearing brown pants
Grey t-shirt with a long sleeve black
Shirt underneath, beige baseball cap
With red on the bill and “FL” in red
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School