BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A second driver is now behind bars, accused of taking part in an impromptu race that left an unwitting Fran Abel dead. Abel, 57, was driving onto Jog Road from Mizner Preserve when she was struck by an oncoming speeding car.
Gregory Comon, 21, of Camino Real is charged with Vehicular Manslaughter and Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence. Amir Talebzedah was arrested and charged earlier this week. Comon was taken into custody by a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office tactical team.
As we reported, Abel pulled out of the community and was struck by Talebzedah speeding north on Jog Road. Talebzedah was allegedly racing Comon.
Both Talebzedah and Comon were driving at high rates of speed, during heavy morning traffic and were abruptly changing lanes when Fran Abel entered the roadway from a side street. Abel struck Comon and was then struck by Talebzedah. Abel died on the crash scene.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools
- Broken Sound Country Club Cited By Health Inspector