BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A second driver is now behind bars, accused of taking part in an impromptu race that left an unwitting Fran Abel dead. Abel, 57, was driving onto Jog Road from Mizner Preserve when she was struck by an oncoming speeding car.
Gregory Comon, 21, of Camino Real is charged with Vehicular Manslaughter and Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence. Amir Talebzedah was arrested and charged earlier this week. Comon was taken into custody by a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office tactical team.
As we reported, Abel pulled out of the community and was struck by Talebzedah speeding north on Jog Road. Talebzedah was allegedly racing Comon.
Both Talebzedah and Comon were driving at high rates of speed, during heavy morning traffic and were abruptly changing lanes when Fran Abel entered the roadway from a side street. Abel struck Comon and was then struck by Talebzedah. Abel died on the crash scene.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules