BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A second driver is now behind bars, accused of taking part in an impromptu race that left an unwitting Fran Abel dead. Abel, 57, was driving onto Jog Road from Mizner Preserve when she was struck by an oncoming speeding car.
Gregory Comon, 21, of Camino Real is charged with Vehicular Manslaughter and Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence. Amir Talebzedah was arrested and charged earlier this week. Comon was taken into custody by a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office tactical team.
As we reported, Abel pulled out of the community and was struck by Talebzedah speeding north on Jog Road. Talebzedah was allegedly racing Comon.
Both Talebzedah and Comon were driving at high rates of speed, during heavy morning traffic and were abruptly changing lanes when Fran Abel entered the roadway from a side street. Abel struck Comon and was then struck by Talebzedah. Abel died on the crash scene.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI