BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Depending on when you are reading this, the closing of Palmetto Park Road just west of I-95 is in the process of ending or is over.
The closure was mandated by CSX, the railroad company that owns and maintains the tracks at the crossing in the area. What led to the urgency of closing a major South Florida commuter stronghold at the height of the holiday season is unclear. The closure caused traffic havoc throughout the area, with CSX keeping an extremely low media profile. Police — and other government entities — made it clear that this was CSX’s call, not theirs.
Traffic should be back to normal by Wednesday morning’s commute.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children