BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Depending on when you are reading this, the closing of Palmetto Park Road just west of I-95 is in the process of ending or is over.
The closure was mandated by CSX, the railroad company that owns and maintains the tracks at the crossing in the area. What led to the urgency of closing a major South Florida commuter stronghold at the height of the holiday season is unclear. The closure caused traffic havoc throughout the area, with CSX keeping an extremely low media profile. Police — and other government entities — made it clear that this was CSX’s call, not theirs.
Traffic should be back to normal by Wednesday morning’s commute.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop