BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Depending on when you are reading this, the closing of Palmetto Park Road just west of I-95 is in the process of ending or is over.
The closure was mandated by CSX, the railroad company that owns and maintains the tracks at the crossing in the area. What led to the urgency of closing a major South Florida commuter stronghold at the height of the holiday season is unclear. The closure caused traffic havoc throughout the area, with CSX keeping an extremely low media profile. Police — and other government entities — made it clear that this was CSX’s call, not theirs.
Traffic should be back to normal by Wednesday morning’s commute.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint