BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An elderly Boca Raton woman has died from injuries she sustained after being struck by a Jeep while walking in the Regency Court shopping center off Yamato Road.
According to Boca Raton Police, 84-year-old Sally Balkin was crossing the street Wednesday morning inside the shopping center when Ainara Carrasquel, 23, of Venezuala, allegedly drove her jeep into Balkin.
Balkin was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died Thursday.
No charges have been filed at this point. Police tell us that Carrasquel was legally permitted to drive in the United States.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center