BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An elderly Boca Raton woman has died from injuries she sustained after being struck by a Jeep while walking in the Regency Court shopping center off Yamato Road.
According to Boca Raton Police, 84-year-old Sally Balkin was crossing the street Wednesday morning inside the shopping center when Ainara Carrasquel, 23, of Venezuala, allegedly drove her jeep into Balkin.
Balkin was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died Thursday.
No charges have been filed at this point. Police tell us that Carrasquel was legally permitted to drive in the United States.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach