BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Thugs are celebrating the holiday season by preying on the unsuspecting in Boca Raton. Fortunately, cops are out in full force to get the greedy Grinches.
Julian Maura is allegedly a naughty holiday elf, thuggishly stealing from cars parked in the area.
According to Boca PD:
On Tuesday, December 17, Boca Raton Police officers responded to an auto burglary that occurred at 1401 South Federal Highway.
The victim told officers that he heard his girlfriend’s car alarm and when he went outside, he saw a male running from the rear passenger area of her car. The victim took a picture of a grey Dodge Charger leaving the area.
On Thursday, December 19, members of the Boca Raton Police Department’s Special Investigations Unit located a stolen Dodge Charger in the area of 1400 West Glades Road. The driver of the vehicle was Julian Maura. Inside the car, officers located an iPod that showed the auto burglary victim’s name on the screen, along with a credit card belonging to another resident of 1401 South Federal Hwy.
Maura admitted to stealing the Charger Friday night when he was at a party. Maura also admitted to breaking into several cars at 1401 S. Federal Hwy. He also confessed to breaking into cars on Monday night in another jurisdiction.
Maura is charged with burglary to an auto and grand theft. The investigation is on-going and further charges may be forthcoming.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical
- Boynton Beach Man Arrested In Maryland For Local Murder
- Florida Hospital Available Capacity Now Under 25 Percent