DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Words of warning from area police this holiday season if you plan on getting high for the holidays. First, don't do it — it's illegal. But second, if you use Heroin, you could die.
This alert was just issued by the Delray Beach Police Department:
The Delray Beach Police Department is currently investigating a significant spike in heroin overdoses. Since December 1, 2013, the Department has handled in excess of 20 cases with one of those resulting in a death (pending toxicology reports). The Delray Beach Police Department is working with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Drug lab and seized narcotics are being tested. The twenty plus cases that have been received since December 1, 2013, are currently being handled by our Vice, Intelligence and Narcotics Unit.
While it's unclear if there is any relationship at all, two young men were arrested by Boca Raton Police over the past 48-hours on Heroin poession charges. Cory James Baran and Cory Max Bolick, both of White Oak Avenue, were booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on their own recognizance.
Have information? Call your local police department, or Palm Beach County CrimeStoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS. You may remain anonymous, and you just may save someone's life.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps