BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An alleged evil scumbag is in the Palm Beach County Jail this afternoon after Boca police tied him the theft of Christmas money from St. Joan of Arc Church.
Michael Quick was apparently caught by a surveillance camera.
According to Boca Raton PD:
On December 21, employees with St. Joan of Arc Church reported to Boca Raton Police officers that a male had stolen several hundred dollars from their charitable donation locker earlier in the day. The crime was caught on the church’s surveillance system and the video was released to the media and posted on social media sites.
On Thursday, December 26, detectives received a tip from a man who had seen the video. The tipster identified the suspect as Michael Quick. The tipster works at the Valero Gas Station and told detectives he recognizes Quick from the gas station. Detectives went to Quick’s last known address and met with the current residents. Both knew Quick, since he performs maintenance around the property. They also identified Quick from the video.
Detectives and officers searched the areas where Quick is known to spend time and located him at 299 West Camino Real. Officers arrested Quick and charged him with grand theft. Quick told detectives he needed the money for food.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery
- Doctor’s “Wrinkled” Hand On Private Part Tipped Girl That He Wasn’t A Teen
- Receive A Text About Real Estate Today? Ignore It
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Not Dropping
- Outrageous Agents: Boca Realtor Charged With Cocaine Possession