BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Details are just coming in to the BocaNewsNow.com newsroom, but we have learned that a child and an adult were shot this evening in West Boca Raton.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team is on the scene in the 8000 block of Via di Veneto.
“A male child child and adult female both suffered injuries making them trauma alerts,” reports Capt. Albert Borroto.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office provided this information at 8:52pm:
What we have been told so far is there was a domestic disturbance between a male and female, it is unknown if they were boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife, which resulted in the female shot in the leg. Two children were in the home at the time of the disturbance. One child escaped unharmed the second child may have been shot in the abdomen.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue tells BocaNewsNow.com:
An adult female and child were transported to Delray Medical Center. Conditions are unknown.
Authorities tell BocaNewsNow.com that the shooter was found dead in the home. This is a gated community. No one is being evacuated at this time. The injured were taken to Delray Medical Center’s Trauma Unit.
View Larger Map
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WOMAN VANISHES FROM FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton
- MAJOR FLIGHT DELAYS: Flights From Florida To New York, Mid-Atlantic Delayed Due To Smoke
- SWAT Storms Cortland Uptown Boca, Nabs Two On Weapons, Financial Crimes
- DOUNUGHT DISASTER: Krispy Kreme Sued In Palm Beach County After Critical Injury
- BOCA POLICE 911 CALL: WITNESS FEARED FOR CHILD IN CAR
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR