BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Details are just coming in to the BocaNewsNow.com newsroom, but we have learned that a child and an adult were shot this evening in West Boca Raton.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team is on the scene in the 8000 block of Via di Veneto.
“A male child child and adult female both suffered injuries making them trauma alerts,” reports Capt. Albert Borroto.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office provided this information at 8:52pm:
What we have been told so far is there was a domestic disturbance between a male and female, it is unknown if they were boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife, which resulted in the female shot in the leg. Two children were in the home at the time of the disturbance. One child escaped unharmed the second child may have been shot in the abdomen.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue tells BocaNewsNow.com:
An adult female and child were transported to Delray Medical Center. Conditions are unknown.
Authorities tell BocaNewsNow.com that the shooter was found dead in the home. This is a gated community. No one is being evacuated at this time. The injured were taken to Delray Medical Center’s Trauma Unit.
View Larger Map
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates