DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police in Delray Beach are investigating a bizarre incident. A man was left for dead at a Delray Beach Fire Station and died. Investigators are seeking information.
From Delray Beach Police:
On Friday, January 10, 2014, Delray Beach Police Officers were called to 501 W Atlantic Avenue (Delray Beach Fire Station 1) for a suspicious incident. When they arrived, they found that a white male had been dropped off at the Fire Station and he had a laceration on his head. The male was identified as Ralph Baker. Mr. Baker was wearing blue jeans, white shirt and no shoes. Witnesses told officers that at 2pm on Friday, Mr. Baker was dropped off at the Fire Station by two black males that were driving a large 4 door sedan (possibly a Chevy Caprice or similar body style). The males in the car left Mr. Baker at the Fire Station and were gone when officers arrived.
Shortly after police arrived at the fire station, they were told that Mr. Baker was deceased. The reason for his passing is unclear at this time.Delray Beach Police Detectives are asking that the two men that were in the sedan, or anyone with information on the events leading up to Mr. Baker’s death, contact them. This can be done by calling Detective Stephanie Kearney at 561-243-7800, via Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS, or by using the Delray Beach Police I-phone and Android MYPD application. You can remain anonymous using any of these methods.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks