DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The accident we first reported Thursday afternoon at the intersection of Linton Blvd. and Las Verdes Wayleft one woman dead and two others injured. Leona Goldsmith, 79, of Delray Beach died at Delray Medical Center.
According to PBSO investigators:
Thelma Kracov, 85, of Delray, was turning left from the eastbound left turning lane of Linton Boulevard to travel north on Las Verdes Way. Estria Hochstadt, 82, of Delray was traveling west on Linton Boulevard within the inside lane. Kracov failed to yield to Hochstadt; thus, a violent crash occurred. During the crash, the right front of Kracov’s 2009 Toyota impacted into the left front of Hochstadt’s 2013 Volkswagen. As both vehicles separated and continued towards their final resting positions, the right front of Hochstadt’s car impacted into the left side of a third vehicle which had been properly stopped within the southbound right turning lane of Las Verdes Way. The drivers of Hochstadt and Kracov were transported to the hospital for treatment of their non-life threatening injuries. Goldsmith, the passenger in Hochsadt’s car, was pronounced dead.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Charged With DUI Minutes After Leaving Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Depression Forming East Of Florida As Ophelia Moves Up Coast
- Body Found In Boca Gardens Blaze, One Person Dead
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Resident Arrested, Jailed From Delray Beach Home
- ALERT: Brightline Strikes Pedestrian In Delray Beach, Expect Traffic Issues
- Postal Worker Robbed At Gunpoint In West Boca Raton, Investigation Continues
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison
- Delray Beach Woman, 80, Slams Into Cars, Building, Son Says She Drank