DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The accident we first reported Thursday afternoon at the intersection of Linton Blvd. and Las Verdes Wayleft one woman dead and two others injured. Leona Goldsmith, 79, of Delray Beach died at Delray Medical Center.
According to PBSO investigators:
Thelma Kracov, 85, of Delray, was turning left from the eastbound left turning lane of Linton Boulevard to travel north on Las Verdes Way. Estria Hochstadt, 82, of Delray was traveling west on Linton Boulevard within the inside lane. Kracov failed to yield to Hochstadt; thus, a violent crash occurred. During the crash, the right front of Kracov’s 2009 Toyota impacted into the left front of Hochstadt’s 2013 Volkswagen. As both vehicles separated and continued towards their final resting positions, the right front of Hochstadt’s car impacted into the left side of a third vehicle which had been properly stopped within the southbound right turning lane of Las Verdes Way. The drivers of Hochstadt and Kracov were transported to the hospital for treatment of their non-life threatening injuries. Goldsmith, the passenger in Hochsadt’s car, was pronounced dead.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days