BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — What could best be described as an attempted mugging turned into a painful lesson for the attacker who had to back off when the victim kicked his — let's say — “reset button.”
From Boca Police:
On Monday, January 27, at about 9:50 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of an aggravated battery which occurred outside the CVS at 520 South Federal Highway.
The victim told officers she had just finished shopping and was getting into her car, but before she was able to close the door, a male stepped between the door and the frame. The suspect, later identified as Daryl Lewis, held an edged weapon that the victim described as a “shank,” and told her he “needed to get home so he could bury his mother.”
The victim began screaming and kicking Lewis, who cut the victim, causing several superficial wounds. The victim landed a kick to Lewis’s groin which caused him to take a step back. A witness pulled up behind the victim’s car and yelled at Lewis who then tried to explain he was the victim’s boyfriend. When the victim denied the statement, Lewis ran off.
Officers located Lewis several blocks away and the victim identified Lewis as her attacker. Officers arrested Lewis and charged him with aggravated battery, armed burglary with a battery, and armed kidnapping. Lewis also had an active violation of probation warrant for theft out of Broward County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance