BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Weather Service has issued a “flood advisory” for Palm Beach County through late morning, with the forecast for rain — sometimes heavy — throughout the day.
AT 916 AM EST…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR RAINFALL
ESTIMATES INDICATE THAT TWO TO THREE INCHES OF RAINFALL ACCUMULATION
ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE EAST CENTRAL PORTIONS OF PALM BEACH COUNTY.
THE AREA OF CONCERN IS FROM WELLINGTON NORTHEASTWARD TO THE MANGONIA
PARK AREA. MEDIA REPORTS HAVE INDICATED POSSIBLE MINOR URBAN TYPE
FLOODING IN WELLINGTON. WHILE RAINFALL OVER THESE AREAS IS CURRENTLY
LIGHT TO MODERATE RATES…ADDITIONAL SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE LATER THIS
MORNING AND AFTERNOON.
ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS FROM ONE TO TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE
HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE PONDING OF WATER IN URBAN AREAS, HIGHWAYS,
STREETS AND UNDERPASSES AS WELL AS OTHER POOR DRAINAGE AREAS AND LOW
LYING SPOTS. RUNOFF WILL ALSO CAUSE ELEVATED WATERS LEVELS IN CANALS
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form