BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Weather Service has issued a “flood advisory” for Palm Beach County through late morning, with the forecast for rain — sometimes heavy — throughout the day.
AT 916 AM EST…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR RAINFALL
ESTIMATES INDICATE THAT TWO TO THREE INCHES OF RAINFALL ACCUMULATION
ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE EAST CENTRAL PORTIONS OF PALM BEACH COUNTY.
THE AREA OF CONCERN IS FROM WELLINGTON NORTHEASTWARD TO THE MANGONIA
PARK AREA. MEDIA REPORTS HAVE INDICATED POSSIBLE MINOR URBAN TYPE
FLOODING IN WELLINGTON. WHILE RAINFALL OVER THESE AREAS IS CURRENTLY
LIGHT TO MODERATE RATES…ADDITIONAL SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE LATER THIS
MORNING AND AFTERNOON.
ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS FROM ONE TO TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE
HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE PONDING OF WATER IN URBAN AREAS, HIGHWAYS,
STREETS AND UNDERPASSES AS WELL AS OTHER POOR DRAINAGE AREAS AND LOW
LYING SPOTS. RUNOFF WILL ALSO CAUSE ELEVATED WATERS LEVELS IN CANALS
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed