BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Weather Service has issued a “flood advisory” for Palm Beach County through late morning, with the forecast for rain — sometimes heavy — throughout the day.
AT 916 AM EST…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR RAINFALL
ESTIMATES INDICATE THAT TWO TO THREE INCHES OF RAINFALL ACCUMULATION
ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE EAST CENTRAL PORTIONS OF PALM BEACH COUNTY.
THE AREA OF CONCERN IS FROM WELLINGTON NORTHEASTWARD TO THE MANGONIA
PARK AREA. MEDIA REPORTS HAVE INDICATED POSSIBLE MINOR URBAN TYPE
FLOODING IN WELLINGTON. WHILE RAINFALL OVER THESE AREAS IS CURRENTLY
LIGHT TO MODERATE RATES…ADDITIONAL SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE LATER THIS
MORNING AND AFTERNOON.
ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS FROM ONE TO TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE
HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE PONDING OF WATER IN URBAN AREAS, HIGHWAYS,
STREETS AND UNDERPASSES AS WELL AS OTHER POOR DRAINAGE AREAS AND LOW
LYING SPOTS. RUNOFF WILL ALSO CAUSE ELEVATED WATERS LEVELS IN CANALS
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny