BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Weather Service has issued a “flood advisory” for Palm Beach County through late morning, with the forecast for rain — sometimes heavy — throughout the day.
AT 916 AM EST…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR RAINFALL
ESTIMATES INDICATE THAT TWO TO THREE INCHES OF RAINFALL ACCUMULATION
ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE EAST CENTRAL PORTIONS OF PALM BEACH COUNTY.
THE AREA OF CONCERN IS FROM WELLINGTON NORTHEASTWARD TO THE MANGONIA
PARK AREA. MEDIA REPORTS HAVE INDICATED POSSIBLE MINOR URBAN TYPE
FLOODING IN WELLINGTON. WHILE RAINFALL OVER THESE AREAS IS CURRENTLY
LIGHT TO MODERATE RATES…ADDITIONAL SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE LATER THIS
MORNING AND AFTERNOON.
ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS FROM ONE TO TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE
HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE PONDING OF WATER IN URBAN AREAS, HIGHWAYS,
STREETS AND UNDERPASSES AS WELL AS OTHER POOR DRAINAGE AREAS AND LOW
LYING SPOTS. RUNOFF WILL ALSO CAUSE ELEVATED WATERS LEVELS IN CANALS
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100
- Major Broward County Crash Backing Up I-95 Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Kings Point Delray Beach Sued After Shooting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy, Getting Busier, Two Systems East Of Florida