BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police tell us that they nabbed a hit and run driver responsible for crashing into a bicyclist this morning, then continuing on like nothing ever happened. Jeffrey Camenzili, 24, of Coral Springs has not yet been charged but has officially been identified as the driver of the hit and run vehicle. Victim Mario Sgroia, 53, of Boca is being treated for serious injuries.
According to police:
Early Friday morning at about 4:42 a.m., officers of the Boca Raton Police Department’s Traffic Homicide Unit responded a serious injury hit and run crash, which occurred in the 6300 block of West Glades Road.
The operator of a black Pedego electric bicycle was traveling west on Glades Road and was struck from behind by a maroon 2013 Kia. The Kia was later found abandoned and parked in a nearby residential neighborhood. As the investigation progressed, traffic homicide investigators were able to identify the driver of the Kia.
The bicycle operator was transported to Delray Medical Center with serious injuries.
If anyone has additional information regarding the crash, please contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Chris Somers at (561) 620-6141 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens