BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police tell us that they nabbed a hit and run driver responsible for crashing into a bicyclist this morning, then continuing on like nothing ever happened. Jeffrey Camenzili, 24, of Coral Springs has not yet been charged but has officially been identified as the driver of the hit and run vehicle. Victim Mario Sgroia, 53, of Boca is being treated for serious injuries.
According to police:
Early Friday morning at about 4:42 a.m., officers of the Boca Raton Police Department’s Traffic Homicide Unit responded a serious injury hit and run crash, which occurred in the 6300 block of West Glades Road.
The operator of a black Pedego electric bicycle was traveling west on Glades Road and was struck from behind by a maroon 2013 Kia. The Kia was later found abandoned and parked in a nearby residential neighborhood. As the investigation progressed, traffic homicide investigators were able to identify the driver of the Kia.
The bicycle operator was transported to Delray Medical Center with serious injuries.
If anyone has additional information regarding the crash, please contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Chris Somers at (561) 620-6141 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases