UPDATE @ 4:34p: And just like that, we have received the arrest report. Click here for the story.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School Police — the real police force that patrols schools throughout the county — is not releasing details on the arrest of 43-year-old Michael Joseph Wonesh despite repeated requests for information by BocaNewsNow.com.
Wonesh, of the 1000 block of NW 3rd Avenue, was arrested Wednesday by the School Board Police and charged with resisting arrest and battery on a law enforcement officer. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on his own recognizance.
BocaNewsNow.com requested information from the School Board Thursday morning but has yet to receive details of the arrest. Instead, a representative of the school board's public affairs office told us that the arresting officer was still writing his report — something that is traditionally completed well before someone is released on bond or on his own recognizence.
The School Board police force is an accredited, “real” police department but does not have a dedicated “public information officer” — instead funneling media requests through the School Board's public affairs office.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients