BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has now obtained the affidavit of probable cause from the arrest of Joseph Michael Wonesh.
The Boca Raton man was taken into custody at Boca Raton Middle School after a bizarre encounter with staff members and, ultimately, the Palm Beach County School Board Police.
From the arrest report:
“I met with (a school staff member) who reports there was a white male driving a green jeep int he school parking lot driving reckless and speeding, placing staff members and students that were arriving in danger.
Upon my arrival at the parking lot, (the staffer) pointed the vehicle out to me. I observed the white male driver, later identified as Joseph Michael Wonesh, attempting to leave the parking lot at a high rate of speed. I made eye contact with Joseph and gave him verbal commands to stop. I also signaled him with my hands to stop, he ignored my lawful commands, driving by me laughing and waving his hands.
As Joseph was driving by me attempting to leave, I hit the driver side window the vehicle with my left hand as a last attempt to make him stop.
At this time, Joseph stopped his vehicle, exited, and become confrontational stating that I had no reason to stop him and he was going to leave and entered back into his car. At this time I notified police dispatch that I needed additional units.
I informed Joseph that I was conducting a lawful traffic stop. He again stated that he was leaving. at this time I reached inside the vehicle and removed the keys from the ignition in order to prevent Joseph from leaving and possibly placing anyone else in danger.
Joseph then stated that he wanted the 'real' police to respond and became agitated by screaming at me, clinching his fist and grabbing my right arm. At this time I ordered Joseph out of the vehicle for officer safety, once again he refused my lawful commands. I placed my left hand on his left wrist and my right hand on his left elbow in an attempt to escort him out of the vehicle.
Joseph continued to resist by grabbing my right arm and twisting it. I ordered Joseph to stop resisting, he refused to let my arm go and continued to resist.”
The officer then threatened him with pepper spray. Joseph Wonesh, according to police, then cooperated and was taken into custody.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent