BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 41-year old woman is facing charges of battering her senior citizen boyfriend after Boca Police were called to the home they share.
Shirley Saslow, 41, was booked into the Palm Beach County jail on a charge of “battery on a person 65 years of age or older” and later released on $500 bond.
Direct from the arrest report written by an officer on the scene:
“(The victim) advised that this live in girlfriend, Shirley Saslow, had bitten him and kicked him several times. He stated that he allows Saslow to use his credit card and he had removed it from her purse because they were not getting along. The victim stated that when he removed the credit card from Saslow’s purse she jumped on him and began to bite and scratch him. The victim stated that he then retreated to his bedroom where she followed him and pushed him to the floor. The victim then advised that at this point Saslow proceeded to kick him in the face and chest.
Upon viewing the victim, I could see that his left cheek was noticeably swollen and that he had scratches on his right cheek. The victim also showed me a bite mark on his right wrist as well as on the left portion of his abdomen. I proceeded to photograph all of his injuries and presented him with a witness statement which he completed.
I then spoke with Shirley Saslow who was still inside the house. Saslow was located in her bedroom and it took several attempts for her to respond to me when I tried to make contact with her. Saslow’s speech was slurred and she needed to have several questions repeated to her. She stated that she was in fact intoxicated and had consumed several alcoholic beverages earlier in the evening.
Saslow stated that she had been in an argument with the victim because he had taken his credit card, which he allows her to use, from her purse. Saslow stated that she physically tried to take the credit card back and had scratched and bit him in the process.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”