BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Make no mistake. Your email is NOT private, and anything you write or email could lead to your arrest. That’s the lesson Boynton Beach resident Seth Marks, 47, is learning after being arrested by the Boynton Beach Police Department on Child Pornography and Drug related charges. Google allegedly saw him upload child pornography through his Gmail account — called the police and turned him in. Detectives tracked him down with help from Google and Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA). Police say they found child porn on his computer — including young boys engaged in sex acts.
We are providing the complete affidavit of probable cause — filed by Detectives — revealing exactly what Google knew and how it responded. Read it here.
Marks’ mugshot will be published later today, once it is processed by the Palm Beach County Jail.
Editor’s note: We are in no way suggesting that Google did anything wrong. We are publishing the complete affidavit of probable cause as it provides a fascinating look at what your email provider knows about you, and how it may respond if it is believed that you are breaking the law.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach