BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — YMCA childcare programs, which service over 6,800 children in Palm Beach County throughout the year, have been awarded a $10,500 grant from the Independent Pilots Association. The Association represents more than 2,600 professional pilots who fly in service of the world’s largest transportation company, the United Parcel Service. Deborah Donnelly McLay, YMCA board member and IPA member, formed a partnership between the organizations which will provide two mobile computer labs for children at the Peter Blum YMCA of Boca Raton and the Devos-Blum YMCA of Boynton Beach.
The YMCA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social services organization dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. It is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community. The YMCA of South Palm Beach County is comprised of: The Peter Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton, The DeVos-Blum Family YMCA of Boynton Beach, The Schmidt Family YMCA Preschool at the Volen Center and YMCA@901 NCCI. For more information please visit www.ymcaspbc.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent