BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — YMCA childcare programs, which service over 6,800 children in Palm Beach County throughout the year, have been awarded a $10,500 grant from the Independent Pilots Association. The Association represents more than 2,600 professional pilots who fly in service of the world’s largest transportation company, the United Parcel Service. Deborah Donnelly McLay, YMCA board member and IPA member, formed a partnership between the organizations which will provide two mobile computer labs for children at the Peter Blum YMCA of Boca Raton and the Devos-Blum YMCA of Boynton Beach.
The YMCA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social services organization dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. It is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community. The YMCA of South Palm Beach County is comprised of: The Peter Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton, The DeVos-Blum Family YMCA of Boynton Beach, The Schmidt Family YMCA Preschool at the Volen Center and YMCA@901 NCCI. For more information please visit www.ymcaspbc.org.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive