BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The woman who claimed she was sexually assaulted on the Florida Turnpike is a liar and from Boca Raton. Alexandra Westover of the 17000 block of Hampton Blvd. in West Boca was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Thursday afternoon. She was released on her own recognizance early Friday.
After further investigation it has been determined that the victim, Alexandria Westover, fabricated her sexual assault story.
Detectives re-interviewed Alexandria today and she admitted to fabricating the story. Alexandria was arrested and charged with False Report of a Crime and Perjury Not During Official Proceedings.
Detectives from the Special Investigations Division, Florida Highway Patrol and PBC State Attorney’s Office, Special Victims Unit, exhausted over 100 hundred hours of manpower investigating this sexual assault case.
Alexandria has been taken to PBC Jail for processing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children