BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The woman who claimed she was sexually assaulted on the Florida Turnpike is a liar and from Boca Raton. Alexandra Westover of the 17000 block of Hampton Blvd. in West Boca was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Thursday afternoon. She was released on her own recognizance early Friday.
After further investigation it has been determined that the victim, Alexandria Westover, fabricated her sexual assault story.
Detectives re-interviewed Alexandria today and she admitted to fabricating the story. Alexandria was arrested and charged with False Report of a Crime and Perjury Not During Official Proceedings.
Detectives from the Special Investigations Division, Florida Highway Patrol and PBC State Attorney’s Office, Special Victims Unit, exhausted over 100 hundred hours of manpower investigating this sexual assault case.
Alexandria has been taken to PBC Jail for processing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint