BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The woman who claimed she was sexually assaulted on the Florida Turnpike is a liar and from Boca Raton. Alexandra Westover of the 17000 block of Hampton Blvd. in West Boca was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Thursday afternoon. She was released on her own recognizance early Friday.
After further investigation it has been determined that the victim, Alexandria Westover, fabricated her sexual assault story.
Detectives re-interviewed Alexandria today and she admitted to fabricating the story. Alexandria was arrested and charged with False Report of a Crime and Perjury Not During Official Proceedings.
Detectives from the Special Investigations Division, Florida Highway Patrol and PBC State Attorney’s Office, Special Victims Unit, exhausted over 100 hundred hours of manpower investigating this sexual assault case.
Alexandria has been taken to PBC Jail for processing.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club