BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The woman who claimed she was sexually assaulted on the Florida Turnpike is a liar and from Boca Raton. Alexandra Westover of the 17000 block of Hampton Blvd. in West Boca was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Thursday afternoon. She was released on her own recognizance early Friday.
After further investigation it has been determined that the victim, Alexandria Westover, fabricated her sexual assault story.
Detectives re-interviewed Alexandria today and she admitted to fabricating the story. Alexandria was arrested and charged with False Report of a Crime and Perjury Not During Official Proceedings.
Detectives from the Special Investigations Division, Florida Highway Patrol and PBC State Attorney’s Office, Special Victims Unit, exhausted over 100 hundred hours of manpower investigating this sexual assault case.
Alexandria has been taken to PBC Jail for processing.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch