BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A smiling Erin Steele and friend Joshua Henry are now charged by Boca Raton Police with the December shooting death of their friend, Justin Holt. Steele, with what police call “a high level of TCH (Marijuana) in her system” picked up a gun a group of friends had been playing with, pointed it at Holt, and fired, striking Holt in the chest. Henry brought the gun. The two are charged with Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence.
From Boca Raton PD:
Investigators from the Boca Raton Police Services Department have charged two people in connection with the shooting death of Justin Holt.
On Sunday, December 1, 2013, just before 11:00 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a shooting at the Gables of Town Place Apartments, 21445 Town Lakes Drive. When officers arrived, they met with a group of people and a male who had been shot in the chest.
Detectives interviewed the four people who were present at the apartment when the shooting occurred. They all provided the same version of events. The resident, Madison Flint, and her friend, Joshua Henry, were hanging out and called some other friends to come over to Flint’s apartment. Erin Steele, Justin Holt, and another friend arrived at the apartment a short time later. Henry brought a handgun with him, was showing the group the gun and allowed members of the group to dry fire the pistol. Henry re-loaded the gun and set it on the counter. Later in the evening, Steele picked the gun up from the counter, pointed it at Holt and fired it. Holt was transported to Delray Medical Center where he died shortly thereafter. Steele smoked marijuana earlier in the evening and had a high level of THC in her system.
Both Steele and Henry have been charged with Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car