BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A smiling Erin Steele and friend Joshua Henry are now charged by Boca Raton Police with the December shooting death of their friend, Justin Holt. Steele, with what police call “a high level of TCH (Marijuana) in her system” picked up a gun a group of friends had been playing with, pointed it at Holt, and fired, striking Holt in the chest. Henry brought the gun. The two are charged with Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence.
From Boca Raton PD:
Investigators from the Boca Raton Police Services Department have charged two people in connection with the shooting death of Justin Holt.
On Sunday, December 1, 2013, just before 11:00 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a shooting at the Gables of Town Place Apartments, 21445 Town Lakes Drive. When officers arrived, they met with a group of people and a male who had been shot in the chest.
Detectives interviewed the four people who were present at the apartment when the shooting occurred. They all provided the same version of events. The resident, Madison Flint, and her friend, Joshua Henry, were hanging out and called some other friends to come over to Flint’s apartment. Erin Steele, Justin Holt, and another friend arrived at the apartment a short time later. Henry brought a handgun with him, was showing the group the gun and allowed members of the group to dry fire the pistol. Henry re-loaded the gun and set it on the counter. Later in the evening, Steele picked the gun up from the counter, pointed it at Holt and fired it. Holt was transported to Delray Medical Center where he died shortly thereafter. Steele smoked marijuana earlier in the evening and had a high level of THC in her system.
Both Steele and Henry have been charged with Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny