BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We won't know the specifics until Monday, but jail records obtained by BocaNewsNow.com reveal that Jessica Sophia Lopez-Gomez of Boca is being held in the Palm Beach Jail on a federal immigration charge.
Lopez-Gomez was arrested by Boca PD Saturday on petit theft and illegal use of credit card charges — relatively benign local violation. But Immigration and Customs Enforcement apparently learned of the arrest and added an 8 CF 287.7 charge to the list — that's fed speak for mandating a 48 hour immigration hold, presumably while a decision is made as to Lopez-Gomez's fate in the United States.
She remains in the Palm Beach County Jail Sunday night. We expect an update Monday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95