BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Brandon Antione Miller may think twice before calling 9-1-1 again. The Boca Raton man — according to police — called 9-1-1 for no apparent reason, then hung up.
The call — made early this morning at the Seven Eleven Plaza (103 West Palmetto Park Road) — generated a police response. An officer arrived and logged the following in what late became Miller’s arrest report:
I made contact with B/M Brandon Miller (09/26/1984) in front of the Seven Eleven
store. Miller stated that he dialed 911 because he wanted to speak to a supervisor. I
advised him that the use of 911 if for emergency purposes only and that misusing the
system could result in his arrest. Shortly after, Sgt. Roberts arrived on scene and
addressed Miller`s concerns. In my presence, Sgt. Roberts also explained to Miller that it
is unlawful to misuse the 911 system. Miller replied, “I`m going to dial 911 again when
you leave.” Sgt. Roberts reiterated that it is against the law and that he should only use
it for emergency purposes.
I remained on scene while other officers left the area and maintained visual on
Miller. I watched as Miller entered Seven Eleven. I observed Miller make a call on his
cellular phone. As Miller was on the phone, dispatch advised that he was landline with
Miller for a third time. I asked him to hang up to phone and step outside in which he
complied. Once seated, I placed Miller under arrest for misuse of the 911 system after
Miller intentionally called 911 for no legitimate reason after he was warned several times
not to use the system unless in the event of an emergency.
At this time, Brandon Miller is being charged per F.S.S. 365.172(13) for Misuse of
the 911 System. Miller was transported to the Palm Beach County Jail for further
Miller remains in the Palm Beach County Jail.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path