BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Friday is the seven year anniversary of the abduction and murder of Randi Gorenberg — the mother of two whose body was thrown from a black Mercedes SUV — minutes after leaving Boca's Town Center Mall.
On Friday, March 23, 2007, at about 1:16 pm, Randi Gorenberg left the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton, Florida after shopping.
At about 1:54 p.m., a citizen called 911 and informed the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office that she heard gunshots and witnessed a female being pushed from the passenger side of a black 2007 Mercedes Benz GL450 sports utility vehicle in the parking lot of the South County Civic Center in unincorporated Delray Beach, Florida. It was discovered that Randi Gorenberg had been shot and killed. The South County Civic Center is about 5 miles from the Town Center Mall.
At about 1:59 pm, surveillance cameras captured the black 2007 Mercedes Benz GL450 sports utility vehicle, later identified as Gorenberg’s vehicle, in the front of the Home Depot parking lot. The Home Depot is less than two miles north of where Gorenberg was murdered and is located on the southeast corner of Atlantic Avenue and Jog Road, also in Delray Beach, Florida. The vehicle was recovered in the rear parking lot of the Home Depot shortly thereafter.
Anyone who saw Gorenberg at the Town Center Mall or any location between the Town Center Mall and the South County Civic Center between 1:16pm and 1:54pm; or witnessed Gorenberg’s black 2007 Mercedes Benz GL450 in the Home Depot parking lot around 2:00pm; or witnessed any suspicious persons at the Town Center Mall, the South County Civic Center or the Home Depot between the aforementioned times is asked to call the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Sergeant Richard McAfee at (561) 688-4012 or Crime Stoppers at 1(800) 458-8477.
Gorenberg was wife and mother of two children.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low