UPDATE 4:17p: One lane is now open southbound.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — I-95 Southbound is closed at Congress after a man wanted in connection with a Pembroke Pines murder apparently shot himself in the head.
Traffic cams show mounting delays both north and southbound
According to Boynton Beach Police:
Around 1:45 p.m., a Boynton Beach Police crime scene investigator spotted a vehicle involved in a homicide this morning in Pembroke Pines. The 2001 white Nissan Maxima entered Interstate 95 southbound at Gateway Boulevard in Boynton Beach. Officers attempted a traffic stop, however, the driver refused to comply. Officers pursued the vehicle southbound until it crashed just south of the Congress Avenue exit in Boca Raton. Officers ordered the driver out of the vehicle. He ignored their commands and shot himself in the head. He was taken to Delray Medical Center, where he died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge