UPDATE 4:17p: One lane is now open southbound.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — I-95 Southbound is closed at Congress after a man wanted in connection with a Pembroke Pines murder apparently shot himself in the head.
Traffic cams show mounting delays both north and southbound
According to Boynton Beach Police:
Around 1:45 p.m., a Boynton Beach Police crime scene investigator spotted a vehicle involved in a homicide this morning in Pembroke Pines. The 2001 white Nissan Maxima entered Interstate 95 southbound at Gateway Boulevard in Boynton Beach. Officers attempted a traffic stop, however, the driver refused to comply. Officers pursued the vehicle southbound until it crashed just south of the Congress Avenue exit in Boca Raton. Officers ordered the driver out of the vehicle. He ignored their commands and shot himself in the head. He was taken to Delray Medical Center, where he died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday