UPDATE 4:17p: One lane is now open southbound.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — I-95 Southbound is closed at Congress after a man wanted in connection with a Pembroke Pines murder apparently shot himself in the head.
Traffic cams show mounting delays both north and southbound
According to Boynton Beach Police:
Around 1:45 p.m., a Boynton Beach Police crime scene investigator spotted a vehicle involved in a homicide this morning in Pembroke Pines. The 2001 white Nissan Maxima entered Interstate 95 southbound at Gateway Boulevard in Boynton Beach. Officers attempted a traffic stop, however, the driver refused to comply. Officers pursued the vehicle southbound until it crashed just south of the Congress Avenue exit in Boca Raton. Officers ordered the driver out of the vehicle. He ignored their commands and shot himself in the head. He was taken to Delray Medical Center, where he died.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen