UPDATE 4:17p: One lane is now open southbound.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — I-95 Southbound is closed at Congress after a man wanted in connection with a Pembroke Pines murder apparently shot himself in the head.
Traffic cams show mounting delays both north and southbound
According to Boynton Beach Police:
Around 1:45 p.m., a Boynton Beach Police crime scene investigator spotted a vehicle involved in a homicide this morning in Pembroke Pines. The 2001 white Nissan Maxima entered Interstate 95 southbound at Gateway Boulevard in Boynton Beach. Officers attempted a traffic stop, however, the driver refused to comply. Officers pursued the vehicle southbound until it crashed just south of the Congress Avenue exit in Boca Raton. Officers ordered the driver out of the vehicle. He ignored their commands and shot himself in the head. He was taken to Delray Medical Center, where he died.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center