BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading towards Fort Lauderdale this morning, or heading back to Boca on I-95, be aware of this advisory from BSO and FHP:
The Florida Highway Patrol and the Broward Sheriff's Office are investigating an incident that began around 5 a.m. on Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach and ended on Interstate 95 just north of Sample Road. The incident began in the 2900 block of Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach with an interaction between two suspects and two victims during which the male suspects fired shots at the victims, a man and woman. Neither was hit. The suspect vehicle fled, and the victims followed.
The suspect vehicle crashed in the northbound lanes of I-95. One occupant was killed in the crash, and one was transported in critical condition to Broward Health North Medical Center. BSO Violent Crimes Detectives are handling the shooting portion of the incident. FHP is handling the fatal crash.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”