BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading towards Fort Lauderdale this morning, or heading back to Boca on I-95, be aware of this advisory from BSO and FHP:
The Florida Highway Patrol and the Broward Sheriff's Office are investigating an incident that began around 5 a.m. on Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach and ended on Interstate 95 just north of Sample Road. The incident began in the 2900 block of Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach with an interaction between two suspects and two victims during which the male suspects fired shots at the victims, a man and woman. Neither was hit. The suspect vehicle fled, and the victims followed.
The suspect vehicle crashed in the northbound lanes of I-95. One occupant was killed in the crash, and one was transported in critical condition to Broward Health North Medical Center. BSO Violent Crimes Detectives are handling the shooting portion of the incident. FHP is handling the fatal crash.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent