BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading towards Fort Lauderdale this morning, or heading back to Boca on I-95, be aware of this advisory from BSO and FHP:
The Florida Highway Patrol and the Broward Sheriff's Office are investigating an incident that began around 5 a.m. on Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach and ended on Interstate 95 just north of Sample Road. The incident began in the 2900 block of Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach with an interaction between two suspects and two victims during which the male suspects fired shots at the victims, a man and woman. Neither was hit. The suspect vehicle fled, and the victims followed.
The suspect vehicle crashed in the northbound lanes of I-95. One occupant was killed in the crash, and one was transported in critical condition to Broward Health North Medical Center. BSO Violent Crimes Detectives are handling the shooting portion of the incident. FHP is handling the fatal crash.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation