BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Barbara Lynette Smith, according to police, didn’t know that the 13-year-old girl touching her car was actually cleaning bird excrement from the rear windshield. And, according to the police report, she didn’t wait to find out.
Instead, Smith — who witnessed the random act of kindness at 1350 North Dixie Highway — allegedly ran to her car with a broom stick and attacked the 13 year old girl who was merely trying to do something nice by wiping the bird droppings from the window.
“While wiping the window Barbara Smith exited her residence and ran over to (the girl) and struck her over the head with the hard end of a mop,” police wrote, adding: “I asked Barbara if she witnessed (the girl) causing damage to her vehicle or saw any type of object in her hand that could cause damage to the vehicle. Barbara stated, “I know she had a shirt in her hand as if she was covering something, but I never saw an object or did I see her causing any damage.”
The girl was treated at the scene.
Barbara Smith was charged with Aggravated Child Abuse. She remained in the Palm Beach County Jail Monday evening.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette