BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Boynton Beach crash that shut down Boynton Beach Blvd. for several hours earlier today claimed the life of a Tennessee man.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office:
Clarence Stalsworth, 70, of Sevierville, Tennessee, was driving his 2007 Jeep behind Anthony DiStefano of Boca Raton on Boynton Beach Blvd. heading west. Stalsworth struck the rear of DiStefano’s 2013 Chrysler while both vehicles were in motion. DiStefano, 71, redirected and accelerated onto the sidewalk and into the grass on the north side of the roadway. Stalsworth struck a power pole with his outside passenger side mirror and then continued to accelerate through some low lying palm trees. Stalsworth then struck a large power pole with the right front corner of his vehicle. The power pole was displaced approximately five feet from its original position and snapped into two pieces. Stalsworth then rotated counter clockwise and came to final rest int he westbound right turn lane of Boynton Beach Blvd. Clarence Stalsworth was transported to Delray Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
There is no indication of wrongdoing — based on the initial police report — by Anthony DiStefano.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident