BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Boynton Beach crash that shut down Boynton Beach Blvd. for several hours earlier today claimed the life of a Tennessee man.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office:
Clarence Stalsworth, 70, of Sevierville, Tennessee, was driving his 2007 Jeep behind Anthony DiStefano of Boca Raton on Boynton Beach Blvd. heading west. Stalsworth struck the rear of DiStefano’s 2013 Chrysler while both vehicles were in motion. DiStefano, 71, redirected and accelerated onto the sidewalk and into the grass on the north side of the roadway. Stalsworth struck a power pole with his outside passenger side mirror and then continued to accelerate through some low lying palm trees. Stalsworth then struck a large power pole with the right front corner of his vehicle. The power pole was displaced approximately five feet from its original position and snapped into two pieces. Stalsworth then rotated counter clockwise and came to final rest int he westbound right turn lane of Boynton Beach Blvd. Clarence Stalsworth was transported to Delray Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
There is no indication of wrongdoing — based on the initial police report — by Anthony DiStefano.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County
- KINGS POINT: Another Arrest For Alleged Violent Crime
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT