BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The West Boca Raton man shot by an off duty PBSO deputy following sex and trespass has been identified as Anthony Ribeiro, 49, of Wellesley Park Drive in Boca.
The off duty deputy at Reflections of Del Mar reported that Ribeiro and a woman were having sex by the pool — although neither lived in the community or had permission to be there. The deputy asked the couple to leave, but Ribeiro allegedly returned with a glass bottle and engaged in a physical altercation with the deputy.
He shot Ribeiro who remains hospitalized.
The deputy, who has not been identified, is now on administrative leave, per PBSO policy.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules