BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — 24-year-old Brett Allan Charles, if the accusation is true, was so drunk when he was stopped by Boca Raton Police that he's lucky to be alive.
Charles registered a .222 Blood Alcohol Content which is nearly three times the legal limit. Experts say that is well on the way to unconsciousness and even death.
The traffic stop took place in the 600 block of NW 20th Street. Charles was taken into custody and booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. He was released on his own recognizance more than seven hours later.
A trial date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida