BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — 24-year-old Brett Allan Charles, if the accusation is true, was so drunk when he was stopped by Boca Raton Police that he's lucky to be alive.
Charles registered a .222 Blood Alcohol Content which is nearly three times the legal limit. Experts say that is well on the way to unconsciousness and even death.
The traffic stop took place in the 600 block of NW 20th Street. Charles was taken into custody and booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. He was released on his own recognizance more than seven hours later.
A trial date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising