WEST BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is being unusually tight lipped on last night’s shooting death involving a Deputy at the Tuscany Apartments off Camino Del Mar.
PBSO, which often issues advisories while a police-involved shooting scene is active has so far issued no statement whatsoever. A spokesman told BocaNewsNow.com that official information will be released once the detectives — who worked the scene overnight — return to work.
However, PBSO issued statements only hours after off-duty Deputy Alex Alfonso shot and critically injured Anthony Ribeiro early Sunday morning outside the Boca Del Mar apartments. The shooting occurred at 12:23am, a press release was issued at 4:53am explaining that — according to police — Ribeiro lunged at Deputy Alfonso with a bottle. A photograph of the bottle was later provided by PBSO.
We will update when PBSO issues a statement on what led a deputy to shoot and kill a man in West Boca last evening.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation