WEST BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is being unusually tight lipped on last night’s shooting death involving a Deputy at the Tuscany Apartments off Camino Del Mar.
PBSO, which often issues advisories while a police-involved shooting scene is active has so far issued no statement whatsoever. A spokesman told BocaNewsNow.com that official information will be released once the detectives — who worked the scene overnight — return to work.
However, PBSO issued statements only hours after off-duty Deputy Alex Alfonso shot and critically injured Anthony Ribeiro early Sunday morning outside the Boca Del Mar apartments. The shooting occurred at 12:23am, a press release was issued at 4:53am explaining that — according to police — Ribeiro lunged at Deputy Alfonso with a bottle. A photograph of the bottle was later provided by PBSO.
We will update when PBSO issues a statement on what led a deputy to shoot and kill a man in West Boca last evening.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K