BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The PBSO Deputy allegedly lunged at by a screwdriver wielding Matthew Pollow is identified as Evan Rosenthal. Rosenthal is a four year veteran of PBSO and is currently assigned to District 7 Road Patrol.
District 7 is the area that serves the greater unincorporated Boca Raton area.
Rosenthal remains on paid administrative leave as the shooting is reviewed.
Here is PBSO’s current statement on the West Boca shooting that occurred Wednesday night:
At approximately 9:19pm PBSO was called to an armed disturbance at 23055 Camino Del Mar (Tuscany Point Complex), unincorporated Boca Raton. The responding Deputy encountered a W/M standing next to a vehicle and ordered him to remove his hands from his pockets. The Deputy saw that the subject had a very disturbed look on his face which caused him to draw his firearm. The Deputy then ordered the subject to place everything in his pocket on to the hood of the vehicle. The subject placed several items on the hood including a screw driver. The Deputy ordered the subject to walk towards him to speak to him, the subject picked up the screwdriver and charged after the Deputy. The Deputy was in fear of being stabbed and feared for his life created some distance between he and the subject and fired his weapon striking the subject. PBSO Deputies rendered first aid and the subject died at the scene. The suspect has been positively identified as MATTHEW TROY POLLOW, d.o.b. 3/23/1986. The Deputy involved is on paid Administrative Leave which is standard procedure.
Matthew Pollow has been described by family members as having mental issues. PBSO has had to previous encounters with Pollow. The Boca Raton Police Department has numerous documented encounters with Pollow. This is still an open and ongoing investigation.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools