BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The victim of this morning's fatal bicycle accident near The Bridges development on Lyons Road has been identified as Steven Brown, 58, of Windsor Terrace in Boca.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, Brown was riding his Cannondale bike northbound on Lyons Road — North of Clint Moore — when Marion Rosenstein, 68, also of Boca, lost control of her 2009 Chrysler van and hit the back of his bike. Brown ended up on the windshield of Rosenstein's car and then fell off, onto the sidewalk.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No charges have been filed at this point.
Temple Beth El of Boca Raton sent the following email to members this afternoon:
Our congregation mourns the loss of member Steven Brown, who passed away on April 9, 2014.We extend heartfelt condolences to Steve's wife Dana, children Susan and Micha Siegel, Jennifer and Andrew Brown, and Jordan Brown, parents Carol and Murray Brown, sister and brother-in-law Pam Nadler and Mark Sickles, and in-laws Bunny and Allen Sabath. The funeral for Steve Brown will be held on Friday, April 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM at Temple Beth El in the Rabbi Merle E. Singer Sanctuary. May Steve's memory be for a blessing.
Friends, family: you are welcome to share your memories and photos. Post below or email news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road
- Jewish Family Services In Palm Beach County Offers Hurricane Help To Seniors
- UPDATE: Man Killed In Shooting After Crash South Of Boca Raton
- OFFICIAL: Ocean One Grille Delray Has Flying Insect, “Mold-Like Substance” Problem