BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An area teen was arrested by the Boca Raton Police Department after allegedly admitting to pushing a child who lives with Down Syndrome down a staircase. The child, who is constantly clutching a spoon, has reportedly been the victim of constant bullying in the 1200 block of NW 13th Street – other attacks have included his pants being pulled down, taunting, and kids trying to pry the spoon from his hands.
The family just moved into the area.
The affidavit of probable cause — the arrest report — is a compelling read and highlights the horror that special needs children who are bullied deal with. We encourage you to read the report, in its entirety, right here.
The suspect was referred to a first time offender program.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive