BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An area teen was arrested by the Boca Raton Police Department after allegedly admitting to pushing a child who lives with Down Syndrome down a staircase. The child, who is constantly clutching a spoon, has reportedly been the victim of constant bullying in the 1200 block of NW 13th Street – other attacks have included his pants being pulled down, taunting, and kids trying to pry the spoon from his hands.
The family just moved into the area.
The affidavit of probable cause — the arrest report — is a compelling read and highlights the horror that special needs children who are bullied deal with. We encourage you to read the report, in its entirety, right here.
The suspect was referred to a first time offender program.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge