BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lisa Petroff Howard, who is identified in her social media profile as an international flight attendant for a major airline, is charged with battery following a violent night in an Ocean Boulevard condo that ended with her husband shooting himself in the face.
Howard told police that she threw a glass candlestick at her husband, cutting his hand and leg as the couple fought over “domestic issues.” The husband responded by pulling a Springfield XD .40 caliber semi-automatic handgun out of a drawer and threatening to use it on himself.
According to the police report:
“He had the handgun to his head and threatened to shoot himself. Lisa attempted to get her husband to stop his actions and put the gun down. When Lisa exited the living room, her husband fired a round into the ceiling, causing Lisa to quickly enter the living room again. At this time, the husband put the gun up to his right cheek and fired another round. The bullet struck him in the face and he immediately fell over into a lying position on the couch. The gun fell to the floor. Lisa called 911 immediately. While on the phone with dispatch, Lisa took possession of the handgun and placed it in the kitchen sink.”
A responding officer wrote:
“I immediately cleared the weapon and made it safe. I then made contact with the (gunshot victim). He was conscious, breathing, had a strong pulse and was able to speak with me. I asked if he was okay and he chuckled. I then asked if he felt he was going to make it. He stated “yes, but I wish I wouldn't.” I continued to ask what happened. He claimed he fired two shots, “I missed the first one so I shot again.”
The husband was treated at Delray Medical Center. Lisa Petroff Howard was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail for Aggravated Battery and later released on her own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation