BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a horrific end of life, 95-year-old Herman Lipson was killed when the Century Village bus drove over him on the property of Century Village Boca.
Lipson, according to the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office, was walking by the pool with Arlene Shapiro, 79, when she apparently noticed the bus approaching and unlikely to stop.
She was correct. As the bus approached, Shapiro — like a 79-year-old SuperWoman — pushed Lipson down — but neither landed far enough away from the bus to avoid injury. The bus drove over Lipson's legs.
Lipson and Shapiro were rushed to Delray Medical Center where Lipson died.
The bus driver, Augustie Millen, 66, has not been charged.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS