BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a horrific end of life, 95-year-old Herman Lipson was killed when the Century Village bus drove over him on the property of Century Village Boca.
Lipson, according to the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office, was walking by the pool with Arlene Shapiro, 79, when she apparently noticed the bus approaching and unlikely to stop.
She was correct. As the bus approached, Shapiro — like a 79-year-old SuperWoman — pushed Lipson down — but neither landed far enough away from the bus to avoid injury. The bus drove over Lipson's legs.
Lipson and Shapiro were rushed to Delray Medical Center where Lipson died.
The bus driver, Augustie Millen, 66, has not been charged.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees