BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a horrific end of life, 95-year-old Herman Lipson was killed when the Century Village bus drove over him on the property of Century Village Boca.
Lipson, according to the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office, was walking by the pool with Arlene Shapiro, 79, when she apparently noticed the bus approaching and unlikely to stop.
She was correct. As the bus approached, Shapiro — like a 79-year-old SuperWoman — pushed Lipson down — but neither landed far enough away from the bus to avoid injury. The bus drove over Lipson's legs.
Lipson and Shapiro were rushed to Delray Medical Center where Lipson died.
The bus driver, Augustie Millen, 66, has not been charged.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child