DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police today are asking for anyone who knows anything about a shooting last evening near I-95 and Atlantic Avenue to come forward.
From police moments ago:
Last night at about 8:30 pm, a call was received through our dispatch center about a crash in the 800 Block of West Atlantic Avenue. When Officers arrived on scene, they realized that one of the drivers of the cars involved in the crash had been shot. The driver that had the gunshot wound was later identified as Pernell Devon James (DOB 1/13/91) of Delray Beach. Mr. James was transported to Delray Medical Center where he later succumbed to his injuries. The driver of the second car involved in the crash was transported to Delray Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
As part of normal procedure, members of the Delray Beach Police Department Detective Bureau and Crime Scene Unit returned to the scene this morning to do a second search of the area in the daylight. This is common when a crime occurs in the night time hours with limited light.
Our thoughts are with the family of Pernell James during this difficult time. The Delray Beach Police Department is asking that anyone with information regarding this incident contact Detective Peter Sosa at 561-243-7828 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at 1800-458-TIPS (8477). All tips received can remain confidential.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools